Business & Economic Development
Taking the Next Step with Your Business in Cupertino
There is no place for businesses quite like Cupertino, even in Silicon Valley. Tech giants and start-ups operate alongside of an array of businesses in other sectors, including dining and retail. Our residents provide tech companies with a qualified talent pool and provide retailers and small businesses with a great customer base. Our city government supports this vibrant business tapestry with policies and services that support the continued expansion of a strong and diverse business community.
Our people, location, infrastructure and access are among the qualities that make Cupertino an ideal place in central Silicon Valley for enterprises in various sectors.
For Technology Companies & Entrepreneurs
- Our commercial real estate market offers numerous options for office and R&D space in a city known for consumer and business technology innovation.
- Proximity to OEMs, suppliers, venture capitalists and universities in nearby cities in Silicon Valley makes collaboration easy.
- Easy access to the San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland airports, each less than an hour away, gives business travelers convenient choices.
For Retailers and Restaurants
- Our city is a favorite shopping and dining location for our more than 60,000 residents, who tend to be professionals with high incomes (average household income is more than $180,000), and for residents of neighboring cities with similar demographics.
- Your local market here also includes those who commute to jobs in Cupertino and push our daytime population to more than 120,000 – a number that is likely to increase with the opening of the Apple Park campus in 2017.
- With more than 3 million square feet of retail and entertainment space, Cupertino offers numerous options for a storefront location in one of our shopping centers or on a major thoroughfare.
For Service Providers
- Our well-educated residents (approximately 40 percent have advanced degrees) seek services that support their quality of life and work-life balance, ranging from health and fitness services to cultural immersion and tutoring programs for children.
- Our many tech and non-tech businesses rely on service business to support their needs, ranging from IT support to facility maintenance.
- Our well-maintained city streets and access to the 280 and 85 freeways make it easy for your business to get to your clients’ locations and for your clients to get to your facility.
Cupertino can be the ideal place for your business to take the next step – whether you are starting a business or growing a business. The City’s Economic Development Division is here to help with the information and resources you need on demographics, new business openings, office and retail space availability and more.