on Facebook for updates on programs, events, and happenings at the Ranch!
McClellan Ranch Preserve
This 18-acre natural preserve park was a horse ranch in the 1930's and 40's. The site houses a nature museum and community garden. Preserved are the original ranch house, milk barn, livestock barn, a replica of Baer's Blacksmith Shop,originally located at De Anza and Stevens Creek Blvds, and the old water tower from Parish Ranch, now Memorial Park. McClellan Ranch is open from 6:00am to dusk.
Environmental Education Center Grand Opening
The city is pleased to announce that a succesful dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Environmental Education Center and Restored Blacksmith Shop was held on october 28th. Ranch staff are excited to begin showcasing the buildings and accompanying new programs. We invite you to stop by during our weekly Open House hours (Fridays 3:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturdays 11:00am - 3:00pm). Staff will be on-hand to provide facility tours and answer any questions.
More information regarding the recently completed improvement project may be found on the City website at cupertino.org . If you have questions regarding the work, please contact the Public Works Department at 408.777.3354 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stevens Creek Trail Map
McClellan Ranch Open House Hours
Fridays: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Stop by the Nature Museum at McClellan Ranch Preserve for an informal visit with the resident animals. Volunteers will be on hand to help you meet the animals and learn a bit about them. Open House Flyer
Nature Classes and Activities
Looking for a fun, educational and unique experience for your child this winter season? How about an outdoor adventure for the whole family? Sign-up for one of our fun and educational nature activities and learn about the rich history, thriving habitat, and natural resources that make up McClellan Ranch Park. New upcoming classes include:
- History Walk: January 23rd, 1:00pm - 2:30pm (63953)
- Twined Tule basket Workshop: January 24th, 1:00pm - 4:00pm (63942)
- A Closer Look at Lichens: February 20th, 11:00am - 1:00pm (63491)
Follow the link below for more information and to sign up today! www.reg4rec.org
The Cupertino Community Gardens are a 60+ plot organic garden located at McClellan Ranch Preserve. Each plot is rented and maintained by Cupertino residents. Due to the severe drought we are facing, vacant plots are not being filled for the 2015 season. We hope to open up the waitlist again, once we receive some rain relief. Contact Dave Jahns at email@example.com, or 408.777.3120 for more information and to be added to the waitlist.
Things To Do In Park
- hike on your own or with family and friends
- see more than 100 species of birds
- participate in an after-school nature program
- go on a naturalist-led hike
- meet the animals at the Nature Museum
- volunteer to help with a habitat restoration project
- learn a bit about the area’s history
- catch a glimpse of a deer, coyote or bobcat
- check out the Cupertino Community Garden
- follow the new Stevens Creek Trail to Blackberry Farm
- enjoy the sparkle of Stevens Creek
Birds Found In The Park