Main Street Project
Location: The project site is bounded by Stevens Creek Boulevard to the south, Vallco Parkway to the north, Tantau Avenue to the east, and the Metropolitan and Nineteen800 (formerly Rose Bowl) mixed-use developments to the west.
• Loft Apartments/Shops 9: 19550 Vallco Pkwy
• Parking garage: 19500 Vallco Pkwy
• Office 1: 19339 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Office 2: 19319 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Hotel (Marriot Residence Inn): 19429 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Major Retail: 19499 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 1: 19349 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 2 (Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar): 19359 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 3: 19369 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 4: 19379 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 5: 19399 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 6: 19479 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 7: 19459 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Shops 8: 19449 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Flex 1: 19419 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Flex 2: 19409 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Pad 1: 19439 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Pad 2: 19469 Stevens Creek Blvd
• Pad 3: 19389 Stevens Creek Blvd
Acreage: 18.7 acres
Developer/Property Owner: Sand Hill Property Company (Main Street Cupertino Aggregator, LLC)
Developer’s project website: www.mainstreetcupertino.com
City contact: George Schroeder, Associate Planner, 408.777.7601 or email@example.com
The project consists of:
• 120-unit market rate apartments (four stories with two levels of underground parking)
• 180-room hotel (five stories)
• 130,500 square feet of retail (12 one-story freestanding buildings and five shops located on ground floors of the apartment, garage, and office buildings) (40% of retail space can consist of restaurants)
• 260,000 square feet of office (two four story buildings)
• 1.55 acres of town square and park area
• Associated site and off-site improvements
• Five-story, above-ground parking garage with two underground levels
• Surface parking throughout
• On-street parking along Vallco Parkway
• Vacation of Finch Avenue between Stevens Creek Blvd and Tantau, and subdivision of two parcels into six
• Removal and replacement of 113 private trees
• Removal and replacement of 48 public street trees
The Main Street Cupertino project was originally approved by the City Council on January 20, 2009. Since then, the City Council has approved several project amendments (May 25, 2012 and September 4, 2012) to allow various changes to the land use options, site design, and building footprints in order to facilitate the applicant’s requests.
On September 4, 2012, the Council specified the final architectural and site approval process and criteria for the project. The Council specified that the hotel building, public park, and entry gateway feature shall return to the Council for final review and approval, and the Design Review Committee (DRC) may approve the rest of the buildings.
The final hotel Architectural and Site Permit was approved by the City Council on January 15, 2013. On February 25, 2014, on a DRC referral, the Council approved the Architectural and Site permit for Shops 1, 3-5, 7 & 8, Pads 1-3, Town Square, Flex 1 and 2, Office 1 and 2, Parking Garage, and associated site and landscaping for the entire Main street project. The Council specified in the resolution that all of the remaining buildings (Loft Apartments/Shops 9, Shops 2, Shops 6, and Major Retail Building), return to the Council for final architectural and site approval.
On July 15, 2014, the City Council approved final architectural and site details for the Loft Apartments/Shops 9 mixed-use building and Shops 2 (to be occupied by Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar).
The City Council will review final details for the Major Retail and Shops 6 retail buildings, the .75 public access park, and the gateway feature at subsequent public hearings. The other project components are currently under construction.
Current Project Components under Review
• Major Retail/Shops 6 Architectural and Site Approval (file no. ASA-2014-11) proposed plan set received November 18, 2014
o City Council hearing date TBD
• Park and Gateway Feature – Formal submittal forthcoming; City Council hearing date TBD
Contact George Schroeder, Associate Planner, 408.777.7601 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any comments or questions on the projects under review.
Prior City Meetings of Note
All prior meeting videos, minutes, and agenda materials are indexed by date online at http://www.cupertino.org/index.aspx?page=544 .
• January 20, 2009: City Council approved project and certified Final EIR.
• May 15, 2012: City Council approved first addendum to certified Final EIR and modifications to the land use options, site design, and building footprints.
• September 4, 2012: City Council approved second addendum to certified Final EIR and final modifications to the tentative map, land use options, site design, and building footprints (superseded modifications approved on May 15, 2012).
• January 15, 2013: City Council approved architectural and site refinements to the interior and exterior of the hotel.
• February 25, 2014: City Council approved refinements to the previously approved Shop 1, Shops 3-5, Shops 7-8, Pads 1 - 3, Town Square, Flex 1 - 2, Office 1 & 2, parking garage, and associated site and landscaping design of the project. Additionally, the Council approved a tree removal permit to remove and replace additional trees.
• May 20, 2014: City Council approved a tree removal permit to remove and replace 24 additional private trees onsite.
• July 15, 2014: City Council approved architectural and site refinements to the Loft Apartments/Shops 9 mixed-use building and the Shops 2 building, which will be occupied by Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar. A use permit was also approved for Lazy Dog’s requested late night hours and interior bar.
• Approved Conceptual Site Plan
• Approved Master Site Plan and Shops 1, Shops 3-5, Shops 7-8, Pads 1 - 3, Town Square, Flex 1 - 2, Office 1 & 2, parking garage, and associated site and landscaping design plans
• Approved Hotel plans
• Approved Loft Apartment/Shops 9 plans
• Approved Shops 2 plans (Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar)
• Final EIR
• First Addendum to the Final EIR
• Second Addendum to the Final EIR