The City Council will consider corrections and minor amendments to Chapter 14.18, Protected Trees, of the Cupertino Municipal Code. The draft Ordinance will include the following changes:
- Eliminate references to public trees, which are now protected under Chapter 14.12
- Consider changing illegal tree removal penalties from a misdemeanor to infraction
Tree Regulation Comparison for Neighboring Cities
Protected Trees Ordinance
November 5, 2012 Webcast
- Staff has been given direction to explore the following, to be presented to City Council at a later date:
- Streamlined process of tree removals for R1/A1/A/AHS zoned properties:
- Review size of trees in diameter for specimen trees
- Review list of specimen trees to ensure they are native
Tuesday, March 5, 2013, 6:45 pm,
Cupertino Community Hall, 10350 Torre Avenue , Cupertino
Staff will present their findings to the City Council during the Tuesday, March 5, 2013 meeting where residents, business owners, and other interested parties can provide input. Staff will also present options for further direction on the type of amendments that should be considered in preparing a future draft Ordinance as directed by City Council, if further amendments are anticipated.
For additional information you may contact Simon Vuong with the Cupertino Planning Department at (408) 777-1356, or e-mail any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.