2013 5th Anniversary Earth Day & Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday, April 6 from 11 am - 3 pm, Civic Center Plaza
Please join us for a day of celebration, education, and action to grow a sustainable community
The City of Cupertino will proudly host its 5th Anniversary Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival on Saturday, April 6th from 11 am – 3 pm at City Hall Plaza, next to Cupertino Library. Visit our interactive Festival, which promises fun-filled hands-on activities for residents of all ages. Nearly 7,500 members of our community will come together to protect our environment at this day of learning, creating, sharing, and inspiration.
The event will showcase the ABCs and 123s of growing greener for the greater good: from learning how to compost, to understanding more about solar technologies, to planting a native garden; there’ll be something for everyone! Over one hundred nonprofit organizations and businesses will be on hand to help you discover new ways to green your home, school or business. Families, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and students are all invited to explore the many programs offered by the City of Cupertino and its environmental partners to create a healthy, safe and environmentally vibrant community for you to live, learn, work and play.
YOU can help protect our planet by joining these fun, hands-on activities:
- Sample delicious treats in our “Food Truck Alley”
- Sign-up to cut your utility bill by $200 during a Green@Home HouseCall Pre-registration required by email: email@example.com
- Listen to live music and watch live performances all day long
- Pickup a free Chinook Book and reusable tote bag upon completing our eco-passport program
- Craft an awesome gift with reclaimed fabrics & recycled materials
- Purchase the world’s super-dooper tastiest heirloom tomatoes
- Discover our future in the solar PV & electric vehicle laboratory
- Visit Hongyun Art to get your face painted or sparkle-tattooed
- Test ride eco-errand or cool commute electric bike & motorcycles
- Get your 15 minutes of fame as Cupertino’s new green journalist
- Explore more of the day’s events in this year’s Festival Flyer
Businesses and nonprofit organizations are encouraged to register for this FREE event via our EventBrite page. Volunteers can sign-up for a shift here. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you on April 6th at 11 am!