For any residential construction the first step is to find the zoning for your property.
ZONING determines what can be built on your property and which uses are allowed on your property. Within the Residential zoning districts this determines whether you can build one house or several dwelling units on your property. Content on this webpage is informational. If there is an inconsistency between this information and the zoning ordinance, the zoning ordinance prevails.
What Is Your Zoning?
To find out zoning information for your property. You may do one of the following:
Residential Zoning Districts
- Single Family (R1)- Detached single family homes
- Duplex (R2)- Two units under same ownership on one parcel on minimum lot size of 8,500 sq. ft.
- Multi-family (R3)- Multi-family use on same parcel, e.g. tri-plexes, four-plexes, or apartments.
- Residential Hillside (RHS)- Detached homes on uneven or hilly terrain.
- Residential Cluster (R1C) - Small lot development.
- Planned Residential Development P(Res) - All other types of residential development
Items of Interest
Last updated: 6/15/2015 4:30:49 PM