For any residential construction the first step is to find the zoning for your property.
ZONING determines what can be built on your property and which uses are allowed on your property. Within the Residential zoning districts this determines whether you can build one house or several dwelling units on your property.
What Is Your Zoning?
To find out zoning information for your property. You may do one of the following:
Residential Zoning Districts
- Single Family (R1)- Detached homes on minimum lot size of 6,000 sq. ft.
- Duplex (R2)- Detached homes with two units under same ownership on minimum lot size of 8,500 sq. ft.
- Multi-family (R3)- Attached homes such as tri-plexes, four-plexes, townhomes, condominiums or apartments.
- Residential Hillside (RHS)- Detached homes on uneven or hilly terrain.
- Residential Cluster (R1C) - Small lot development.
Items of Interest
Last updated: 8/8/2013 11:08:11 AM