Agendas and Minutes
Interested in being a Commissioner? Click here to see if there is a vacancy and how to apply!
Grant applicant? Click here.
Fine Arts Commission
The Fine Arts Commission is a group of citizens appointed by the City Council, and their purpose is to foster, encourage and assist in the realization, preservation and advancement of fine arts for the benefit of the citizens of Cupertino.
Some of the commission's activities include:
- Distributing fine arts grants to individuals and groups
- Selecting the
- Overseeing the selection and installation of public art in private developments
- Introducing new arts and cultural events to the community
- Working in partnership with local schools for student exhibits
Some of the commission's current projects include the following:
- Working on a public art catalogue - Now available online here!
- Working with individuals and groups who wish to donate art to the city
- Developing the Youth Art Program
- Supporting the annual student art show at the Cherry Blossom Festival
The City of Cupertino is also a proud sponsor of Free Shakespeare in the Park, which provides high quality, professional theater free of charge.
If your arts or cultural organization is located in or performs in Cupertino, and you would like to be included on this page, please contact Catarina Kidd at 408.777.3214, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings of the Fine Arts Commission are held at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every other month (odd months) and more often as necessary in City Hall, Conference Room C, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino. All meetings are open to the public. Please check the Events calendar the day of the meeting to confirm that the time or day has not been changed.
Rajeswari Mahalingam, Second term ending 1/30/21
Wenjia Chen, First term ending 1/30/21
Diana Matley, First term ending 1/30/18
Michael Sanchez, Vice Chair, Second term ending 1/30/19
Janki Chokshi, Chair, First term ending 1/30/19