Online Advisory Application
Advisory Appointment Application
Guidelines for the Arts Grants for Teens
Distinguished Artist Nomination Form
Emerging Artist Nomination Form
The Cupertino Fine Arts Commission is a group of citizens appointed by the Cupertino City Council, and their purpose is to foster, encourage and assist in the realization, preservation and advancement of fine arts for the benefit of the citizens of Cupertino.
Some of the commission's activities include:
- Distributing fine arts grants to individuals and groups
- Selecting both a Distinguished Artist and an Emerging Artist of the Year
- Overseeing the selection and installation of public art
- Introducing new arts and cultural events to the community
- Working in partnership with local schools for student exhibits
Rajeswari Mahalingam, Chair, First term ending Jan. '17
Russell Leong, Second term ending Jan. '17
Diana Matley, Vice Chair, First term ending Jan. '18
Michael Sanchez, Second term ending Jan. '19
Priya Jayachandran, First term ending Jan. '19
Meetings of the Fine Arts Commission are held at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every other month (odd months) and more often as necessary in City Hall, Conference Room C, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino. All meetings are open to the public. Please call 408.777.3277 the day of the meeting to confirm that the time or day has not been changed.
Agenda and Minutes
Current Commission/Committee Vacancies
Some of the commission's current projects include the following:
- Working with individuals and groups who wish to donate art to the city
- Developing a recommendation for a Percent for Art program
- Supporting the annual student art show at the Cherry Blossom Festival
The City of Cupertino is also a proud sponsor of Free Shakespeare in the Park, which provides high quality, professional theater free of charge.
If your arts or cultural organization is located in or performs in Cupertino, and you would like to be included on this page, please contact Piu Ghosh at 408.777.3277, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Arts Grants
The Cupertino City Council authorizes the Fine Arts Commission to disseminate funds to individuals or organizations. However, due to budget cuts, no grant funds are available at this time. When the grants are reinstated, they are distributed based on the following criteria:
- Does it encourage diverse fine arts programs for Cupertino residents based on their interest and needs?
- Does it serve a wide range of citizens, or a group not already served?
- Does it extend the range of fine arts activities in the community?
- Does it provide for evaluation and accountability?
Normally there will be two grant cycles each year with filing deadlines of February 15 and September 15. All grant recipients will be required to submit a written evaluation of their programs at the conclusion of the project, or every six months, whichever comes first.