Distinguished & Emerging Artist Awards 2017
The purpose of the Fine Arts Commission is to foster and encourage artistic expression and achievement in the fields of visual, verbal and performing arts while preserving and advancing the arts for the benefit of the citizens of Cupertino. Each year the Commission presents awards to deserving artists in recognition of local talent in these fields.
The Emerging Artist Award was established to encourage and recognize demonstrations of artistic promise. This award recognizes younger artists as well as those rediscovering their love of artistic expression later in life. Judging criteria will include evidence of imagination and individuality as well as effective use of media and tools to create a work of personal expression.
The Distinguished Artist Award recognizes established artists having a substantial body of work that display merit and excellence, as well as a history of contributions to their artistic field and the community. Prior winners of the Distinguished Artist Award have taught art classes, participated in shows or performances, and won awards for their work.
There is a cash prize of $1000 for the Distinguished Artist and a $750 cash award for the Emerging Artist.
Recipients of the cash awards must comply with the following:
- Be willing to work with the Fine Arts Commission to promote the arts in the community through participation in one or more events designed for that purpose.
- Acknowledge the recognition of the City of Cupertino on any printed advertising, programs or brochures they produce related to the award.
Eligibility: Artists must live or work in Cupertino, practice their art in the City, or attend an educational institution or school physically located within Cupertino.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about your eligibility.
Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
To submit an application, please email the following documents to email@example.com . If your documents are too large to email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to upload your materials. Complete applications will include:
- Application form available here. No handwritten forms accepted)
- Artist’s personal statement that addresses artistic promise, goals, or accomplishments
- Two letters of endorsement and/or support, which include relationship to artist
- Digital portfolio of up to 10 pieces that best represent your body of work
- Resume and exhibition record (if any)
Questions? Please email email@example.com