Young Artist Award 2018
The Fine Arts Commission’s purpose is to foster and encourage artists while preserving and advancing the arts for the benefit of the citizens of Cupertino. Each year the Commission will present awards to deserving young artists in recognition of local students in Cupertino's elementary and middle schools.
The Young Artist Awards were established to encourage and recognize artistic talent and promise in the following age groups:
Group I: 6 – 10
Group II: 11 – 14
High school students are encouraged to apply for the Emerging Artist Awards.
Awards: A cash prize of $100, recognition trophy and display at Cupertino Library art wall will be awarded to the winner in each group.
Eligibility: All applicants must live in Cupertino or attend a school located within the City of Cupertino.
Judging Criteria: The primary criteria within each division will be:
(1) Effective and creative communication of the contest theme
(2) Evidence of imagination and individuality
(3) Effective use of media and tools
(4) Work completed by the young artist only. Parents and teachers should not assist or participate in the production of the art.
Digital entries must include:
(1) Typed/legible application.
(2) Two-dimensional media only, sent as PDF, JPEG or other separate image file. Please do not snapshot materials into an email. Original size not to exceed 24" x 36”.
Deadline: The 2018 Young Awards application season is launched at the start of each school year with deadlines in November of each year. Please check back in August for application information and theme.