The Commission consists of nine members with the intention to include at least one person from each public middle school and public high school in Cupertino, if possible. Membership on the Commission is limited to Cupertino residents. Members may attend schools outside of the City limits, or be schooled at home. Commissioners must be in 8th through 12th grade. Teen Commissioners serve two-year staggered terms.
The powers and functions of the Teen Commission are to advise the City Council and staff on issues and projects important to youth.
The Commission meets nine months out of the year (September through May), twice monthly (except December) on the second and fourth Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at the Quinlan Community Center, 10185 N. Stelling Rd. For more information, please call staff liaison Daniel Mestizo, 408.777.3134.
Recruitment for the 2018-2020 term is open!
We are looking for 3 new commissioners to be part of Cupertino’s Teen Commission!
The Teen Commission is at the center of Cupertino as they represent the voice of youth and teens in Cupertino and advise City Council and staff alike on what Cupertino citizens will want to see now and in the future.
- A genuine desire to participate in local government. This is more than just a resume builder!
- Volunteering at City events and representing the commission at various events and functions.
- The ability to commit 6-8 weekly hours to meetings, projects, and other Teen Commission tasks.
- The passion and focus to make lasting changes for the youth and teens of Cupertino.
- The ability to promote City and Teen Commission projects at their schools.
Who makes-up the Teen Commission?
Cupertino Residents in the 8th-11th grade. Homeschool and private school students are more than welcome to apply!
- Application filled out completely - see sidebar for application.
- All required signatures.
- Sealed letter of recommendation.
- Turn in application to City Clerk’s Office at City Hall (10300 Torre Ave.) by May 4th, 2018 @ 4:30pm.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE ON LATE APPLICATIONS.
For questions, please contact Daniel Mestizo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in teaching or leading a workshop for youth/teens? Submit your Teen Workshop Proposal Here.
Our first workshop will be a Leadership Workshop presented together with Budding Leaders. Classes will focus on leadership skills essential for everyday life such as communication, teamwork, creativity, and much more.
- Ages: 8-12 years
- When: Saturday, February 10th & 24th from 2-4pm
- Where: Quinlan Community Center - Craft Room
- Register: www.reg4rec.org
- Code: 76227
Term ending August 31, 2018
Sidharth Rajaram, Chair
Shivani Sahni, Vice Chair
Term ending August 31, 2019