Shakespeare in the Park
- Date: 08/01/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Memorial Park Amphitheater
21121 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, California 95014
San Francisco Shakespeare Festival back for another years of Shakespeare in the Park. This year, SF Shakes will present As You Like It. Admission is free.
Shakespeare in the Park: “As You Like It”
“All the world’s a stage” as Rosalind, Orlando, Celia, and Touchstone leave the luxuries of the court for the Forest of Arden in Shakespeare’s comedy of love, loss, and redemption. This musical production asks what it means to go “into the woods” in today’s world.
July 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, Aug. 1, 2, 3, 4
Memorial Park Amphitheater
Written by William Shakespeare
Directed by Rebecca J. Ennals
Bring a picnic, a blanket, and the whole family to enjoy FREE professional theatre at Cupertino’s Memorial Park Amphitheatre. Don’t miss our Green Show, a half hour before showtime – a great introduction to the play for all ages!"
- Parking is limited. Please carpool when possible. Park at the Quinlan Community Center (10185 N. Stelling Rd.) or at the Cupertino Senior Center (21251 Stevens Creek Blvd.). The Senior Center parking lot entrance is located on Mary Ave.
- Those over 21 years old may bring their own Beer/Wine (hard alcohol is NOT allowed). Beer/Wine must be accompanied with a picnic meal.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times. Please do not let your children play on the fountain railing or in the pond.
- Dogs must be led by a leash of suitable strength and not more than six feet in length; and the owner shall be responsible for any damage caused, in any event, by such dog, even if on a leash. Owners must clean up after their dogs at all times.
History of Shakespeare in the Park
Shakespeare in the Park began in 1983, with its debut production of The Tempest in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. It is now one of the major free Shakespeare programs in the nation. This program provides an opportunity for everyone to see high quality, professional theater free of charge and is held at the Memorial Park Amphitheater, located at Stevens Creek Blvd & Anton Way in Cupertino.
More info about SF Shakespeare Festival at sfshakes.org