Shredding and Environmental Recycling Event
Shred Your Documents, Donate Old Furniture, and Recycle old Electronics
- Date: 11/10/2018 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location: De Anza College Parking Lot "A"
Stevens Creek Blvd & Stelling Blvd
Cupertino, California 95014
he City’s Environmental Recycling Day and Shredding Events are held quarterly at De Anza College. The City of Cupertino & Recology offer this free drive-through, drop-off service for Cupertino residents four times per year to encourage extended use of products and to prevent valuable resources from being sent to the landfill.
Unloading of materials will be the responsibility of the resident. Residents must provide a current collection bill and personal identification (i.e., Driver’s License) to verify Cupertino residency.
- Confidential documents for shredding - two box limit
- Yard Waste (processed for compost)
- Reusable furniture, clothing and shoes (for donation; NO dirty, broken, stained or torn furniture)
- Children’s plastic toys and play structures (for recycling)
- U-Waste (batteries, cell phones, compact fluorescent bulbs and fluorescent tubes)
- E-Waste (computers, monitors and printers, etc.)
- Kitchen Appliances that do not contain Freon (acceptable items: washer, dryers, non freon refrigerators, microwaves, toasters)
Limit of 2-cubic yards (one pick-up-truck load) of construction debris, untreated wood, dirt, rock, and concrete.
- No products containing toxic chemicals: (paints, pesticides, fertilizers)
- No painted or treated wood
- No Mattresses; and no furniture that is broken, torn, stained or dirty
- No Kitchen Appliances that contain Freon
Visit cupertino.org/environmentalday for more info.