Welcome to the New Cupertino.org
Welcome to the City of Cupertino’s redesigned website. Explore our new look and structure, which reflect the priorities and values of our local government and community. Check out our new and updated content.
The old website, which served us well for many years, has been retired to make way for this fresh approach to the City’s internet presence.
We’d love to hear your comments and feedback on the new Cupertino.org via our Website Redesign Satisfaction Survey as we work to continually improve the site to give you the info and tools that you need.
It's Going to Be a Hot One This Week!
Need a break from the heat? Stop by a Cupertino Facility to Cool Off!
The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory through Labor Day weekend. The City recognizes the severity of this and wants to ensure that everyone is able to cool off during this heat wave. The City has the following facilities available for the public to access and cool down:
Cupertino City Hall Lobby:
10300 Torre Ave
Thursday Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Quinlan Community Center:
10185 N. Stelling Road
Friday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Cupertino Senior Center:
21251 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
10800 Torre Ave
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cupertino Sports Center:
21111 Stevens Creek Blvd
Thursday: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The temperature this week is expected to reach the low to mid 90s. Prolonged exposure to hot temperatures can cause heat-related illnesses, such as heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and heat cramps. These can be serious and life threatening.
Below are some tips and reminders from the Santa Clara County Fire Department and Santa Clara County Public Health Department on how to stay cool and safe in the heat:
1) Drink plenty of liquids. Drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and sugar since they cause your body to lose fluids.
2) Limit physical activity. Avoid physical activity during the hottest time of the day, which can extend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3) Never leave people or pets in a closed, parked car. Always check the back seat of the vehicle prior to walking away.
4) Stay in air-conditioned areas. Help keep cool by spending time at malls, libraries, movie theaters, and community centers.
5) Cool off by taking a bath or shower. Cool, plain water baths or moist towels work best.
6) Wear cool clothing. Lightweight, light-colored, and loose-fitting clothing can help you keep cool. Cotton clothes are good because they let sweat evaporate.
7) Do not bundle babies. Babies do not handle heat well because their sweat glands are not fully developed. Do not put them in blankets or heavy clothing.
8) Cover your head. Wear a wide-brimmed, vented hat or use an umbrella when outdoors because your head absorbs heat easily.
9) Wear sunglasses and sunscreen. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher when outdoors.
10) Rest often in shady areas. Find shady places to cool down when outdoors, such as underneath trees.
8月31日星期四至9月4日星期一的勞動節週末，國家氣象局已經對舊金山灣區發出炎熱預告, 將會影響聖克拉拉縣. 鼓勵居民和遊客遵循炎熱的天氣安全提示, 去尋求冷涼的中心地點, 包括縣周圍的社區中心和圖書館尋求解救. 以下是Cupertino的冷涼中心列表：
耆英中心（21251 Stevens Creek Blvd.）:
昆蘭社區中心（10185 N. Stelling Rd）：
Cupertino圖書館（10800 Torre Ave.）
週四至週日 - 上午10點至晚上9點
Cupertino體育中心（21111 Stevens Creek Blvd）
1) 喝大量的液體. 喝水即使你不覺得口渴. 避免酒精, 咖啡因和糖, 因為它們會導致身體失去液體.
2）限制身體活動. 在一天最熱的時間內避免身體活動, 從上午10點延長至下午3點.
3）不要將人或寵物放在封閉的停放汽車中. 在離開之前, 請務必檢查車輛的後座.
4）留在空調區. 通過在商場,圖書館,電影院和社區中心度過時間, 可以幫助保持涼爽.
6）穿涼快衣服. 輕便,淺色和寬鬆的衣服可以幫助您保持涼爽. 棉衣是良好的因為它們讓汗水蒸發.
7）不要束縛嬰兒. 嬰兒們不能很好地處理熱量, 因為他們的汗腺還沒有完全發育. 不要把它們放在毯子或沉重的衣服上.
8）蓋住你的頭. 穿戴寬邊的通風帽子, 或者在室外使用傘, 因為你的頭會容易吸收熱量.
9）戴太陽鏡和防曬霜. 在戶外使用SPF 30或更高的防曬霜.
10）經常在陰涼處休息. 在室外尋找陰涼的地方轉冷, 例如在樹下.