How to Use Cupertino 311
Cupertino 311is a free, simple, and intuitive online and smart phone application that enables the residents of City of Cupertino to identify quality of life and environmental issues and report them to the appropriate department for quick resolution. Powered by CitySourced technology, the application uses your smart phone’s global positioning system to automatically provide the issue's location, simplifying the reporting process for both you and city staff. Once you have submitted an issue, you track resolution efforts within Cupertino 311 or via the web. Cupertino 311 is free to download and use.
Basic Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Launch the app on your mobile phone
- Click “Create a Request” on the home screen & log into your account
- Select an issue category
- Provide the address of where the issue is located
- Writing a detail is optional, but any extra information helps!
- Snap a picture, video or sound clip
- Select submit
Tips for Using Cupertino 311:
- Stay safe; don't attempt to use Cupertino 311 (or any app for that matter) while driving.
- Be sure that the GPS feature on your device is turned on. Also, the app works much better outdoors than it does indoors.
- Try to provide additional comments such as streets, cross-streets, or landmarks.
- Avoid zooming in too far when taking the photograph. Try to include any identifying or distinguishing objects that are nearby.
- Please do not submit duplicate requests with multiple photos. Submit the single best photo or ticket representing the issue and include comments for multiple tags.
- Most data plans allow for unlimited photos and incident submissions; check your plan.