Commission Vacancies

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Online Commission Application (Not for Teen Commission. See PDF below)

PDF Teen Commission Application (Teen Commission only)

The annual recruitment for commissions (except Teen Commission) with terms ending January, 2020 begins in late October. Teen commission recruitment begins in April. Please contact the City Clerk's office for more information,


Notice is hereby given that Cupertino teens are encouraged to apply for six vacancies on the Teen Commission. Applications are due in the City Clerk's office at City Hall by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 10. Council will conduct interviews beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29 (as needed). Council will also appoint at least two alternates to fill any unscheduled vacancies that may occur during the year.  

The commission consists of nine members, with the intention if possible to include at least one person from each public middle school and public high school in Cupertino. Membership on the commission is limited to Cupertino residents. Members may attend schools outside of the city limits, or be schooled at home. Commissioners must be in 8th through 11th grade.  Teen Commissioners serve two-year staggered terms.

The powers and functions of the Teen Commission are to advise the City Council and staff on issues and projects important to youth (also see Municipal Code 2.95.080 Powers and Functions). 

Regular meetings are held September through August, twice monthly (except December) for a total of 17 meetings on the second and fourth Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at the Quinlan Community Center, 10185 N. Stelling Rd. Applications can be downloaded at For more details, please call staff liaison Danny Mestizo, 777-3120.



Notice is hereby given that the City of Cupertino is accepting applications for one unscheduled vacancy on the Housing Commission (as the Financial Representative). The vacancy occurred when Commissioner Poonam Goyal resigned. The (partial) term of this vacancy expires on 1/30/22 and will count as a full term. The Financial Representative must represent a financial institution that is located in Cupertino to be eligible. This position is open until filled. 

The Cupertino Housing Commission consists of five members appointed by the council to four-year terms.  One must be a representative from a Cupertino financial institution and another from a Cupertino business. Housing Commission members who are representatives of a financial institution or a business are not required to be Cupertino residents, but the financial institution and the business represented must be located in Cupertino.  The three remaining community members must be residents of Cupertino. The commission assists in developing housing policies and strategies, recommends policies for implementation and monitoring of affordable housing projects, helps identify sources of funding for affordable housing and performs other advisory functions authorized by the City Council (also see Municipal Code Chapter 2.86.100 Duties–Powers–Responsibilities). The Cupertino Housing Commission falls under the Political Reform Act of 1974 and financial disclosure is required. 

Regular meetings are held at 9:00 a.m., the second Thursday of the month at City Hall, Conference Room C. For more information, contact staff liaison Kerri Heusler at or (408) 777-3251. 

Applications can be downloaded or completed via the Online Advisory Appointment Application at For more details, please see the website or call the City Clerk’s Office at (408) 777-3223.