Young Artist Award 2019
Are you Cupertino resident age 6-14, attending Cupertino School or Attending Art School in Cupertino? Send in your art work to be considered for the Young Artist Award 2019.
The Fine Arts Commission’s purpose is to foster and encourage artists while preserving and advancing the arts for the benefit of the citizens of Cupertino. Each year the Commission presents awards to deserving young artists in recognition of local students in Cupertino's elementary and middle schools. The theme of this year's awards program is:
"A day without screen time*"
* what would your day be like with no TV, phone, computer or video games?
The Young Artist Awards were established to encourage and recognize artistic talent and promise in the following age groups:
Group I: 6 – 10
Group II: 11 – 14
High school students should apply for the Emerging Artist Awards (a separate awards program that launches at the end of each school year).
Awards: A cash prize of $100, recognition trophy and display at Cupertino Library art wall will be awarded to the winner in each group.
Eligibility: All applicants must live in Cupertino or attend a school located within the City of Cupertino.
Judging Criteria: The primary criteria within each division will be:
(1) Effective and creative communication of the contest theme
(2) Evidence of imagination and individuality
(3) Effective use of media and tools
(4) Work completed by the young artist only. Parents and teachers should not assist or participate in the production of the art.
Digital entries must include:
(1) Typed/legible application available here.
(2) Two-dimensional media only, sent as PDF, JPEG or other separate image file. Please do not snapshot materials into an email. Original size not to exceed 24" x 36”. If the file is too large to email, please use Dropbox, Google docs or similiar application to send the materials.
Deadline: November 17, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Flyer: Want to post a paper flyer for your school or community? A flyer is available here.