The Design Review Committee (DRC) consists of the Planning Commission Vice Chair and one additional Planning Commission representative, to be appointed by the Planning Commission. One additional member of the Planning Commission shall be designated to serve as an alternate in the absence of a Planning Commission member. The Planning Commission shall select the alternate member.
- The relationship of the building to its surrounding land uses and the street;
- Compliance with adopted height limits, setbacks, architectural and landscape design guidelines;
- Protection of surrounding land uses and the subject uses from intrusive impacts, such as, noise, glare, dust, chemicals, smells and visual disturbances;
- Providing adequate parking and circulation for vehicles and pedestrians;
- The overall quality and compatibility of the building materials and architecture with the surroundings.
Meetings are held the first and third Thursday of each month at 5:00 pm, Conference Room C.
Terms of Office
Committee members serve at the pleasure of the City Council. The term of the Planning Commissioners is one year and shall end on January 30th of each year.
The chairperson shall be the Planning Commission Vice Chair. The term shall be one year and shall begin on January 30th and be complete on January 30th of the following year, or until a successor is duly appointed.
Any Design Review Committee member may be removed from the committee by a majority vote of the City Council. If a vacancy occurs including an expiration of a term, the Planning Commission shall appoint it.