Providing Timely & Engaging Information
The Communications team is comprised of the City of Cupertino’s Public Affairs and Video Divisions, with a mission of giving Cupertino residents access to timely, engaging, and important information. The Communications team uses various tools to inform residents about City services, initiatives, and programs. They include the following.
- City Channel: Cupertino's government access television channel can be viewed online or on Comcast channel 26 and AT&T U-Verse channel 99.
- Cupertino Scene: The City’s newsletter is printed every month except January and August, and contains articles on the City’s history, events, programs and services, along with a community calendar and an “ask our staff” Q&A called The Scene Answers.
- Press Releases: The City sends out press releases to the media, residents and organizations to ensure that the public is aware of important events and happenings in Cupertino.
- Radio Cupertino (1670 AM): Cupertino’s radio station provides residents with up-to-date information on City news, community events, construction projects, road conditions, weather forecasts, and emergency preparedness alerts.
- Social Media: Keep up with what’s going on in real-time by following the City on Nextdoor, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.