The Current Codes adopted, as amended by the City of Cupertino, effective January 1, 2017, are:
2016 California Administrative Code
2016 California Building Code, Volumes 1 & 2
2016 California Residential Code
2016 California Electrical Code
2016 California Mechanical Code
2016 California Plumbing Code
2016 California Energy Code
2016 California Historical Building Code
2016 California Fire Code
2016 California Green Building Standards Code
2016 California Referenced Standards Code
The 2016 triennial edition of the California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 24 (California Building Standards Code) applies to all occupancies that applied for a building permit on or after January 1, 2017, and remains in effect until the effective date of the 2019 triennial edition.
The California Building Standards Commission website at http://www.bsc.ca.gov has information on where the codes can be purchased and Parts 6 and 11 can be downloaded for free. Please visit http://www.bsc.ca.gov/default.htm for website links where other parts of the codes can be viewed online.
There are 12 parts to Title 24 and the applicable parts for most Building Division permit applications are listed below:
- Part 2: The 2016 California Building Code (CBC) is based on the 2015 IBC, but includes numerous State of California amendments.
- Part 2.5: The 2016 California Residential Code (CRC) is based on the 2015 IRC, but includes numerous State of California amendments and does not include the electrical, energy, mechanical, or, plumbing portions of the IRC, and instead parts 3 through 6 of Title 24 as listed below apply.
- Part 3: The 2016 California Electrical Code (CEC) is based on the 2014 NEC with State of California amendments.
- Part 4: The 2016 California Mechanical Code (CMC) is based on the 2015 UMC with State of California amendments.
- Part 5: The 2016 California Plumbing Code (CPC) is based on the 2015 UPC with State of California amendments.
- Part 6: The 2016 California Energy Code is currently based on the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and please visit the California Energy Commission website at http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/2008standards/index.html where additional information can be found and Compliance manuals can be downloaded for free.
- Part 9: The 2016 California Fire Code (CFC) is based on the 2015 IFC with State of California amendments.
- Part 11: The 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen Code) is known as the California Green Building Standards Code, and it is intended that it shall also be known as the CALGreen Code. Resources are available here: http://www.bsc.ca.gov/Home/CALGreen.aspx
This document tracks the History of Cupertino Code Adoptions.