Cupertino Below Market Rate (BMR) Affordable Housing Fund (AHF)
The City of Cupertino releases an annual Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)/Request for Proposals (RFP) for BMR AHF funds. The City budgets $50,000 annually from the BMR AHF to support public services. Services are offered free of charge to Cupertino residents.
BMR AHF Public Service Grants FY 2019-20:
- Project Sentinel - Fair Housing & Tenant-Landlord Counseling & Dispute Resolution Services 408.720.9888
Cupertino Human Services Grant Program (HSG)
Annually, the City of Cupertino budgets $100,000 to issue grants to non-profit agencies providing needed services to Cupertino residents.
HSG Grants FY 2019-20:
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County - Long-Term Care Ombudsman 408.831.0420 x423
- Maitri - Transitional House Direct Client Services 408.956.6083
- Senior Adults Legal Assistance (SALA) - Legal Assistance to Elders 408.295.5991 x202
- West Valley Community Services - Haven to Home Program 408.720.9888
CITY OF CUPERTINO
NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY (NOFA) AND REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
The City of Cupertino has issued the fiscal year (FY) 2020-21 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Requests for Proposals (RFP). The City is requesting proposals for eligible capital housing projects and public service programs. The City may award and appropriate funds to one or more eligible projects in each funding category. Funds must be used to serve low-and/or moderate-income households located within the City of Cupertino jurisdiction limits.
The following Capital Housing Project funding sources are on a one-year grant funding cycle (FY 20/21):
- Below Market Rate (BMR) Affordable Housing Fund (AHF) Capital Housing Projects (up to $6,000,000)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Capital Housing Projects (approx. $245,000)
The following Public Services funding sources are on a three-year grant funding cycle (FY 20/21, 21/22, & 22/23):
- BMR AHF Public Services (up to $50,000)
- CDBG Public Services (approx. $55,000)
- General Fund Human Services Grant (HSG) Program (up to $100,000)
The estimated CDBG dollar amounts may change based upon the final federal budget approved by Congress. BMR AHF, CDBG, and HSG allocations are subject to City Council approval and may change as a result. The RFP application period will open at 8:00am on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 and will end at 5:00pm on Friday, February 7, 2020.Organizations who intend to apply for funds must apply online. For additional questions, please contact Kerri Heusler, Housing Manager, at email@example.com or 408.777.3251.
Santa Clara County Measure A- Affordable Housing Bond NOFA
The City’s NOFA/RFP is issued in conjunction with the County’s NOFA for the Measure A- Affordable Housing Bond. Measure A funding is available on a rolling basis for development capital funding, project based vouchers, and acquisition funding. Information and applications are available on the County’s website.