Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Planning Permit Application Form

  • Use this form for most permits except Minor Residential and Two-Story Permits.
  • Use for all non-residential applications.
  • Use this form for fence and sign exceptions.

Contains a list of all fees charged by the Planning Department. Also contains information required by the Public Works Department for meeting the C3 requirements for water retention on site etc. 

Minor Residential, Two-Story and Design Review Application

Use this form to obtain

  •  a Minor Residential Permit for
    • one-story encroachment into the required rear yard setback,
    • extension of a legal non-conforming wall,
    • extension of a gable end enclosing attic space with a height above 17 feet and up to 20 feet out of 
          the building envelope,
    • new or expanded second story decks,
    • modifications to setback and height restrictions due to solar design
  • a Second Story Permit for
    • the modification of a second story,
    • the addition of a new second story, or
    • the construction of a new two story home,
    • with or without Design Review

Please note that you need to apply for a building permit with the Building Department after you receive this planning permit. Please also note that no changes to the exterior elevations should be made once your planning permit is approved without first consulting the Planning Department.

R1 Exception Permit Application

Use this form for projects that require an exception to the development regulations due to odd shaped lots or particularly difficult circumstances.

Privacy Protection DiagramPrivacy Planting RequirementsPrivacy Screening Materials

Use these informational handouts to design your privacy plant landscaping for a second story permit.

Privacy Protection Planting Waiver  

Use this form to obtain waivers from affected neighbors if they are willing to waive the privacy protection requirements for second story permits.

Privacy Protection Landscape Affidavit 

Use this form to get a landscape architect/arborist to vouch that you have planted the privacy trees in accordance to the requirements of the R1 Ordinance and the approved plans.

Fence Approval Form

Use this form to obtain permission from your neighbor to build an 8-foot tall fence where a 6-foot tall fence is allowed by code.

Collection Facility Application Form

Use this form for small collection facilities and reverse vending machines.

Temporary Sign Permit Form

Use this form to apply for a temporary sign, banner, etc.

Tree Removal Application Form

Use this form to apply for tree removals of protected trees.

Instructions for recordation of covenants 

Read these carefully and follow these directions before you ask for final inspections.

Water Efficiency Checklist

Appendix A to Chapter 14.15. Use this form for your landscape project submittal. Submit only this form and landscape area calculation if your landscape area is under 2,500 s.f. If your landscape area is over 2,500 s.f., submit a complete landscape project submittal. See Chapter 14.15 - Landscape Ordinance for complete information.

Appeal Form 

Use this form to appeal a project. Please submit the form, along with required fees, to the City Clerk's Office. 

C3 & LID Forms 12-1-2011

Provided by the Public Works Department, Environmental Services