What's happening at Vallco?
Click on each heading below for details
1. General Plan and Municipal Code Amendments (August - September 2019)
The City Council adopted General Plan and Municipal Code amendments applicable to the Vallco Shopping District Special Area (generally the properties on which the Vallco Mall is developed). For more information, including hearing dates, visit: https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/community-development/planning/major-projects/2019-vallco-gpa
- On October 29, 2018, four referendum petitions to stop the Vallco Town Center Specific Plan from proceeding were filed.
- On May 7, 2019, the City Council adopted Resolutions to repeal three former City Council actions from September and October 2018 on the Vallco Town Center Specific Plan. More information regarding the referendum is available online here.
- More information regarding the 2018 Vallco Specific Plan may be obtained at https://www.cupertino.org/our-city/departments/community-development/planning/major-projects/vallco-specific-plan
- For Frequently Asked Questions about:
2. What happened to the 2018 Specific Plan?
3. So, why is there construction activity at Vallco now?
- The property owners have a separate project approved under Senate Bill 35 (SB 35). There is an ongoing legal challenge by a citizen group regarding this approval. More information about the Vallco SB 35 project is available at www.cupertino.org/vallcosb35.
For Frequently Asked Questions about SB 35 and the Vallco Town Center SB 35 project, please click here.
For information about construction activity at the site, please visit FAQs/Permit Activity – Vallco Town Center
What's happened so far?
The following is a list of projects that have affected the Vallco Shopping District since 2015:
- The Hills (2015) - Hills at Vallco
- Measure D (2016) - Vallco Town Center Specific Plan Initiative
- Vallco Specific Plan (2018) - Vallco Town Center Specific Plan
- Vallco SB 35 (2018) - Vallco Town Center Project Pursuant to SB 35 (includes information regarding litigation by Friends of Better Cupertino)
- Specific Plan Referendum (2018/2019) - Vallco Town Center Specific Plan Referendum
Frequently Asked Questions:
The following are responses to Frequently Asked Questions about the various projects considered at the Vallco Site: