Conserving Resources and Reducing Overhead
The GreenBiz Cupertino program fosters resilient businesses, schools and organizations while improving our environment and helping to build a healthy community. The City of Cupertino provides step-by-step support in achieving certification through the California Green Business Program. We work with you to conserve energy and water, manage and reduce waste, prevent pollution and cut costs.
Start the Certification Process Today! Limited-Time $500 Rebate
Saving money while investing in your business and community has never been easier! In addition to enjoying money-saving and health-related benefits in the long run, you can offset the initial costs of becoming GreenBiz-certified with a rebate offered through the California Green Business Network. New and re-certifying businesses may be reimbursed up to $500 for expenses that achieve a requirement for certification. Contact GreenBiz@cupertino.org for more information on how to apply.
3 Easy Steps to Certification
- Enroll with Greenbiz – Express your interest by filling out the enrollment form. Then we assess your building and business practices. From there we will create an action plan to help you meet all requirements.
- Receive Free Support and Implement Changes – Who doesn’t love free? You will gain access to energy, water, and waste assessments, as well as equipment and rebates. You will make adjustments that conserve resources and your operating costs. Once you’ve completed the action plan, the County of Santa Clara will visit to verify your building and business practices.
- Get Certified – Once approved by Santa Clara County Green Business Program, your business is a Certified Green Business and you are now a Cupertino Environmental Business Leader! You will receive recognition from the city and state of California for your achievements and have a marketing edge over competition.
Please fill out the Green Business Interest Online Form and we will contact you to get started!
GreenBiz Cupertino is made possible with the support and services of the following: Santa Clara Valley Water District, Bay Area Green Business, PG&E, Recology, Cupertino Chamber of Commerce and Silicon Valley Energy Watch.
The success of GreenBiz Cupertino has made it an award winner:
- ICLEI’s Green Business Challenge Award, 2014
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group’s Red Tape to Red Carpet Award, 2014
- Green Technology’s Green California Leadership Award, 2013
- Acterra Business Environmental Award, 2013