About the Event
The City’s Environmental Recycling Day and Shredding Events are held quarterly at De Anza College. The City of Cupertino & Recology offer this free drive-through, drop-off service for Cupertino residents four times per year to encourage extended use of products and to prevent valuable resources from being sent to the landfill.
Unloading of materials will be the responsibility of the resident. Residents must provide or personal identification (i.e., Driver’s License) or a current collection bill to verify Cupertino residency. Questions? Call Recology Cupertino 408.725.4020, visit Recology South Bay.
Events will occur 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on the following dates
- Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Saturday, January 18, 2020
- Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Saturday, August 15, 2020
- Saturday, November 14, 2020
De Anza College in Parking Lot “A”
- Confidential documents for shredding - two box limit
- Yard Waste (processed for compost)
- Reusable furniture, clothing and shoes (for donation; NO dirty, broken, stained or torn furniture)
- U-Waste (batteries, cell phones, compact fluorescent bulbs and fluorescent tubes)
- E-Waste (computers, monitors and printers, etc.)
- Kitchen Appliances that do not contain Freon (acceptable items: washer, dryers, non freon refrigerators, microwaves, toasters)
Limit of 2-cubic yards (one pick-up-truck load) of construction debris, untreated wood, dirt, rock, and concrete.
- No products containing toxic chemicals: (paints, pesticides, fertilizers)
- No painted or treated wood
- No Mattresses; and no furniture that is broken, torn, stained or dirty
- No Kitchen Appliances that contain Freon
Got a bulky item that is not fit to donate? Use the On-Call Collection program!
Cupertino residents are eligible for two on-call collections per year at no additional cost. Each collection has a 3 bulky-item limit. Visit Recology's webpage on bulky items for more information, or call (408) 725-4020 to schedule.