Stormwater laws prohibit any residential or industrial waste (including soapy water, dirt, paint, pool water, and landscaping run-off) from entering storm drains because they lead directly to creeks and the bay. Violators could be cited $25,000 per day. Only rain down the storm drain!
To report an illegal discharge or dumping incident, contact the City of Cupertino:
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.: (408) 777-3354
- Monday- Friday, 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.: (408) 777-3269
- After Hours: (408) 299-2507 (Santa Clara County Communications will notify the City's on-call staff)
- Report illegal dumping or discharges online during business hours only. Please do not report dumping or discharges online after hours (before 7:30 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m.).
When do you report an illegal discharge or dumping?
- When you see a person dumping anything into a storm drain or gutter - this activity is illegal
- When you observe a sewage overflow (you may see a round manhole type cover marked "sewer" in front of a home or business that has popped up to allow sewage to emerge)
- When you notice unusual odors in or near a storm drain
- When you see waste materials in or near a storm drain
- When you hear a lot of water in the storm drain during dry periods