2020 Independence Day Celebration has been Canceled: The City of Cupertino has canceled its annual Independence Day Celebration due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and extended Stay-at-Home and Shelter-in-Place Orders.
“This was a difficult but necessary decision for the health and safety of our community,” Mayor Steven Scharf said. “Our Independence Day Celebration, including the nighttime fireworks show, is one of the most beloved community events the City hosts each year. I look forward to the day when we can bring it back.
Memorial Park/Quinlan Community Center
Pancake Breakfast - 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
hosted by the De Anza Optimist Club of Cupertino
Quinlan Community Center, Cupertino Room
Adults $10, Children 12 & Under $6, Orange Juice $1
Children's Carnival - 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Flag Raising - 9:30 a.m.
Veteran's Memorial, Memorial Park
Children's Parade - 10:00 a.m.
Wear your best red, white, and blue outfit! Decorated bikes, scooters, and strollers are encouraged. The parade will travel through Memorial Park and the parade will end at the Amphitheater just in time for the concert!
Concert - 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Memorial Park Amphitheater
Featuring the Music of Arena Band.
Free Swimming: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Food Trucks: TBA
Admission is first come, first serve. Entry is not guaranteed.
Cupertino Fireworks Show
@ Approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Creekside Community Church
- Creekside Park
- Sedgwick Elementary
- Miller Avenue (between Bollinger & Phil)
Event Map - Viewing Sites, Road Closures, Parking
Free Bike Valet
Ride your bike! We encourage guests to ride their bikes to the 4th of July fireworks show and take advantage of the free bike valet parking at Creekside Park from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. Enjoy the peace of mind knowing your bike is being watched while you enjoy the fireworks show! Please ride safe: helmet and lights on the bike.
The City of Cupertino would like to thank our Fourth of July Fireworks Partners:
- Creekside Community Church
- Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office
- Santa Clara County Fire Department
- Cupertino Union School District
- Fremont Union High School District
- West Valley Presbyterian Church
- Cupertino Citizen Corps
Additional Event Information:
- Road closures, parking, and pedestrian restrictions will be in effect around the fireworks launch site and adjacent neighborhoods. Please review the Event Map for more information.
- Event parking is extremely limited. Attendees are encouraged to ride a bike, walk, or arrange to be dropped off.
- There will be a free bike valet service for the first 30 bikes to arrive at Creekside Park.
- No pets, BBQs, tailgating, or alcohol allowed at viewing sites or parking lots.
- Safe and sane fireworks are illegal in Cupertino. Any fireworks at viewing sites or public areas will be confiscated and violators are subject to fines.
- Take the following precautions to protect yourself against the heat: Bring a large water bottle and drink water frequently, wear sunscreen, wear loose fitting layers, take breaks in shaded areas.
If you have an urgent situation or emergency during the Fourth of July event, call 9-1-1.