Additional Insurance Information
Insurance is required for all groups serving alcohol at the following facilities, and may be required for events with 100+ attendees.
- Community Hall
- Quinlan Community Center - Cupertino Room
- Quinlan Community Center - Social Room
- Cupertino Senior Center - Reception Hall
The certificate of insurance and endorsement must be submitted 30 days prior to the rental date.
A certificate of liability insurance can be issued by your homeowner's or other insurance carrier. In order for the certificate to be valid, it must contain the following:
- The renter's name must be listed as the one "insured"
- The policy must not expire before the event date
- The policy must be for $1,000,000 per occurrence
- The policy must have "host liquor liability," if serving alcohol
- The "description" must list the rental location, date of the event, and the type of event that will take place
- City of Cupertino must be listed as "additional insured" on both the certificate of insurance and on the additional insured endorsement. See Liability Insurance Requirements for detailed information on verbiage of "Additional Insured" required.
- Provide the Liability Insurance Requirements to your insurance carrier, along with the above information. This will assist them in writing your policy