Additional Insurance Information
Insurance is required for all groups serving alcohol at the following facilities, and may be required for events with 100+ attendees.
- Community Hall
- Quinlan Community Center - Cupertino Room
- Quinlan Community Center - Social Room
- Cupertino Senior Center - Reception Hall
The certificate of insurance and endorsement must be submitted 30 days prior to the rental date.
A certificate of liability insurance can be issued by your homeowner's or other insurance carrier. In order for the certificate to be valid, it must contain the following:
- The renter's name must be listed as the one "insured"
- The policy must not expire before the event date
- The policy must be for $1,000,000 per occurrence
- The policy must have "host liquor liability," if serving alcohol
- The "description" must list the rental location, date of the event, and the type of event that will take place
- City of Cupertino, Its Officers, Officials & Employees, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014, Attn: Recreation & Community Services/Facilities, must be listed as "additional insured" on both the certificate of insurance and on the additional insured endorsement
- Provide the Liability Insurance Requirements to your insurance carrier, along with the above information. This will assist them in writing your policy