The City of Cupertino is gathering feedback on a neighborhood proposal to designate an area in Jollyman Park for use as an off-leash dog exercise area (DOLA) for a 10-month trial period. This proposal would allow dogs to be off-leash during selected times in the area designated in the map below. If approved, dependent on community input, the 10-month off-leash dog area trial will take place October 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020.
Until the trial begins, dogs must remain on leash at Jollyman Park or any other park. Owners who fail to comply may be subject to administrative citation.
You can take the survey at DOLA Survey. Please complete the online survey by the end of the day on Saturday, August 31, 2019.
Community Input Opportunities
- August 7, 2019, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Jollyman Park—proposed DOLA area
- August 24, 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Jollyman Park—proposed DOLA area
- September 5, 2019, 7 p.m. at Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting—Community Hall
- Online at DOLA Survey
Proposed DOLA Area
1000 S. Stelling Rd.
- All dogs must be on leash at all times except when in the designated DOLA during permitted times.
- Respect other park users. Stop bothersome behavior immediately.
- Owners must be in control of their dogs at all times. Dogs with known history of dangerous behavior are not allowed.
- Cleaning up after your dog is mandatory.
- Dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations; licenses must be on the dog’s collar; collar must be on the dog.
- Consumption of food and the use of glass containers not allowed during DOLA hours.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- No puppies less than 4 months of age allowed.
- Owners must provide their own drinking bowls.
- Leaving dogs unsupervised is prohibited.
- Owners must stop their dogs from digging and fill any holes caused by their dogs.
- Violation of posted rules and regulations can be reported to Code Enforcement-- 408-777-3182
- Report dog bites/incidents immediately to the Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority--408-764-0344
Owners are legally responsible and liable for the action of their dogs and injuries or damage caused by their dogs. The City of Cupertino assumes no liability for the users of the DOLA.
October 4, 2018 Presentation to Park & Recreation Commission of proposal for DOLA trial at Jollyman Park.
March 5, 2019 Presentation to City Council of proposal for DOLA trial at Jollyman Park. Staff Report
April 2, 2019 Approval of City Council FY 2019-20 Work Plan including direction to review use of fields for use as DOLA.