The 10-month off-leash dog area trial will take place October 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020.
Following the Stay-at-Home order by California Governor Gavin Newsom, the City has decided to close the Dog Off-Leash Area until further notice. For more information on the City’s COVID-19 response, visit cupertino.org/coronavirus.
October – November 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
December – February 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
March – July 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Dogs must remain on leash at Jollyman Park or any other park during non DOLA hours. Owners who fail to comply may be subject to administrative citation.
License Your Pet - San Jose Animal Care & Services
DOLA Trial Area
1000 S. Stelling Rd.
- All dogs must be on leash at all times except when in the designated DOLA during permitted times.
- Respect other park users. Stop bothersome behavior immediately.
- Owners must be in control of their dogs at all times. Dogs with known history of dangerous behavior are not allowed.
- Cleaning up after your dog is mandatory.
- Dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations; licenses must be on the dog’s collar; collar must be on the dog.
- Consumption of food and the use of glass containers not allowed during DOLA hours.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- No puppies less than 4 months of age allowed.
- Owners must provide their own drinking bowls.
- Leaving dogs unsupervised is prohibited.
- Owners must stop their dogs from digging and fill any holes caused by their dogs.
- Violation of posted rules and regulations can be reported to Code Enforcement-- 408-777-3182 or non-emergency Sheriff-- 408-299-2311
- Report dog bites/incidents immediately to the Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority--408-764-0344
Owners are legally responsible and liable for the action of their dogs and injuries or damage caused by their dogs. The City of Cupertino assumes no liability for the users of the DOLA.
October 4, 2018 Presentation to Park & Recreation Commission of proposal for DOLA trial at Jollyman Park.
March 5, 2019 Presentation to City Council of proposal for DOLA trial at Jollyman Park. Staff Report
April 2, 2019 Approval of City Council FY 2019-20 Work Plan including direction to review use of fields for use as DOLA.
August 1, 2019 - September 5, 2019 Opportunity for the community to comment on the proposed off-leash dog exercise area.