Street Sweeping in Cupertino
Sign up for Street Sweeping Notification to receive reminders by text or email.
Due to excessive parking of vehicles, many streets have parking signs that indicate the day of the week and/or time that sweeping will take place. A driver may be ticketed for parking in the signed areas during the indicated street sweeping period.
Refer to Streets Posted for Street Sweeping Enforcement for a detailed listing of street sweeping signs.
- Residential areas are swept two (2) times per month. Adverse weather may affect the schedule. Sweeping generally occurs between the hours of 7:30 am and 3:30 pm.
- Commercial areas are swept once weekly between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am.
- Foothill Blvd is swept weekly between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am.
Contact Cupertino Code Enforcement Division for sweeping citations at 408.777.3182.
Tips to Help Keep the Street Clean
As the Fall leaf season and potential storms approach, additional efforts keep the streets clean and the gutters flowing:
- Clean your rain gutters and attach flexible pipe extensions to drain water into landscaping.
- Deposit leaves on private property into your brown or green cart – DO NOT rake, blow, or pile leaves into the street. If you live in a heavy leaf fall area, you can request a free additional cart by calling Recology at (408) 725-4020. Leaves can accumulate in containers for one month if they are not stored within view of the public right of way.
- Better yet, compost leaves in your backyard to reduce waste, protect water quality, and enrich the soil. Sign up for a free course at ucanr.edu/compost. After course attendance, you can receive a free compost bin.