Date & Location
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. - Valet bike parking will be provided by the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition.
Civic Center Plaza (next to the library) FREE event - no tickets required to attend!
Cupertino's Annual Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival is an interactive community event that invites community members of all ages to learn about environmental issues and solutions in a family-friendly, interactive atmosphere. Consistently attracting over 7,000 attendees and 100 partner organizations, the Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival features hands-on activities, live entertainment, and delicious food served by local food trucks.
Here's a snapshot of this year's activities:
- Pedal 4 the Planet Bike Ride, 10 a.m.
- Kids 8+ and their families
- Environmental Art & Innovation Exhibit
- FREE Yoga, 11:15 a.m., bring your own mat!
- ECO-film series, 12:30 p.m.
- Neighborhood tree walk, 1 p.m.
- About 100 local partner organizations
- Live music and performances
- Food Trucks
- Electric vehicle demos
- Arts, crafts, and other hands-on activities
Environmental Art & Innovation Exhibit
The City is looking for the next generation of artists and innovators that will collaborate to create our City's sustainable future. At Cupertino's 9th Annual Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival, Cupertino will have an exhibit showcasing student artwork and inventions that address the following theme: "What is your vision of Cupertino's sustainable future?" Artwork and inventions will be displayed in the lobby of Cupertino Community Hall for the duration of the festival on April 22, 2017, from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Download the exhibit application for rules and instructions. Submissions are due Friday, March 24th, at 4:30 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First 10 eligible submissions received will be displayed at the festival.
Volunteers at the Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival help make the event possible through set up, registration assistance, Eco-Passport distribution, waste management, hydration station management, bike ride coordination, and much more!
To be a day-of volunteer, register at: CupertinoEarthDayVolunteers2017.eventbrite.ca.
Cupertino is looking for some energetic and enthusiastic environmental leaders to join our Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival Team! Individuals acting in these leadership volunteer positions would be expected to attend at least one 2 hour training session the week prior to the event and work 7am-4pm on the day of the festival.
If interested in becoming a lead volunteer, review the Lead Volunteer Application for more information and instructions. Applications due Monday, March 6th. Positions will be open until filled.
Tabling Partners & Vendors